Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WUT UP PLAYBOIZ?!

WRANGLER BRUTES - ZULU

Sam MacPheeters of Born Against on vocals with a cameo from Keith Morris. Sounds like the '80s. Fast, spastic, and fun. Also, recorded by Steve Albini. I think that just about covers it.

buy
d/l




MENEGUAR - I WAS BORN AT NIGHT

Here's where it becomes abundantly clear that I am not a music journalist. The only descriptors I can think of for this band would turn me off in two seconds flat if I were to read them: "mid-tempo", "indie-rock", and -- wait for it! -- "from Brooklyn". But that's what Meneguar is, and they completely nail it. Whiny, intricate, and catchy as hell. Maybe I should have just used those words instead. Features members of Gospel (whose record I posted months ago, if you recall).

buy
d/l


I, ROBOT - MISC. TRACKS

Jack recommended this to me because one of the dudes in Get Bent was wearing their shirt when we caught them. Maybe he's better suited to write this. Right now, all I can think about is how one of the dudes doing melodic vocals sounds like Nikola from Millencolin, which is very funny to me. I should find all my old Millencolin records and upload them. Good idea.


I HATE MYSELF - 3 SONGS 12" EP

I Hate Myself reunited in 2004 to release an epic swan song in the form of this concept EP about one man's relationship with lightning. Might actually be my favorite EP of all time. Get it, get it.

buy
d/l


No comments: