Friday, January 9, 2009

CAPSULE - S/T; CAREER SUICIDE - CHERRY BEACH EP; END OF A YEAR - SINCERELY



CAPSULE - S/T

Just found this on the internet the other day, and I only vaguely knew what to expect. I've heard really good things about this band, and I knew that one of these guys was in Tunes for Bears to Dance To, who are one of my favorite bands, period. Suffice to say that this is the best thing I've heard from any ex-Tunes dudes, and I'm big on Torche and Tyranny of Shaw. YOU WANT IT.

d/l
buy

CAREER SUICIDE - CHERRY BEACH EP

A lot of people love Fucked Up. I am one of those people. I had heard that their drummer, Jonah, was in another punk band that was pretty good, Career Suicide, so I checked 'em out. I listened to this. CS is one of my favorite bands right now. Do the math?

d/l
They're supposedly rerecording this with new tracks. This kills, though.



END OF A YEAR - SINCERELY

I'm not honestly sure if you're getting the total "End of a Year experience" by just downloading this one. I doubt they care, since they aren't making shit off this band thing either way, but by snagging the digital files of this, you're missing out on some of the best liner notes I've ever read. Patrick's lyrics absolutely rule, something the casual listener will definitely miss. The references at the end of each song are excellent, and have actually turned me on to a few good bands and people since I picked this up. The music itself definitely isn't for everyone, but I have to think there's a reason I've listened to this record a gazillion times.

d/l
buy

No comments: